Good and Effective Learning Strategies
Good and effective learning is active, interactive, creative, educative, and fun learning. For this to happen, a selection of appropriate learning strategies is needed. Learning strategies contain a series of activities that can be used as guidelines (general guidelines) so that competence as a learning goal can be optimally achieved. Learning strategies also contain who does what in the learning process, how to carry out learning tasks, and where the learning activities take place.
A. Definition of Effective Learning Strategies
In general the strategy has the understanding of an outline of the direction to act in an effort to achieve predetermined goals. When linked to learning, strategies can be interpreted as general patterns of student teacher activity in the realization of learning activities to achieve competence as a predetermined learning goal (Laraphgirl Papers Reviews).
Strategy is another term for approach, method or method. In the education library these terms are often used interchangeably. Strategy is an attempt to obtain success and success in achieving goals. In the world of education strategy can be interpreted as a plant, method, or series of activities designed to achieve a particular educational goal Learning strategies can be interpreted as a plan that contains a series of activities designed to achieve certain educational goals.
Learning strategies are action plans (series of activities) including the use of methods and the use of various resources or strengths in learning that are structured to achieve learning objectives.
Learning strategy is a learning activity that must be done by teachers and students so that learning objectives can be achieved effectively and efficiently. Zambrut Journals that the learning strategy is a set of learning materials and procedures that are used together to produce learning outcomes for students. Learning strategies are things that need to be considered by a teacher in the learning process.
There are three types of strategies related to learning, namely:
1. Strategies for organizing learning According to Reigeluth, Bunderson and Meril, Strategies for organizing lesson content are referred to as structural strategies, which refer to ways to sequence and synthesize facts, concepts, procedures, and related principles. Organizing strategies can be divided into two types, namely macro strategies and micro strategies. Macro strategies are related to methods for organizing learning content that involves more than one concept, procedure or principle.
Micro strategy refers to methods for organizing learning content that revolves around one concept, procedure or principle.
2. Learning Submission Strategy Learning delivery strategy is a component component of the method for implementing the learning process. The function of the learning delivery strategy is to convey the contents of learning, provide information or materials needed by students to display performance.
3. Learning Management Strategy Management strategy is a component component of the method that deals with how to organize interactions between learners with other learning method variables. This strategy is related to decision making about organizing strategies and delivery strategies that can be used during the learning process.
There are three important classifications of management strategy variables, namely scheduling, making notes of student learning progress, and motivation. Effective is a change that brings certain influences, meanings and benefits. Effective learning is characterized by its nature which emphasizes the active empowerment of students. Learning emphasizes the mastery of knowledge about what is done, but more emphasis on internalization, about what is done so that it is embedded and functions as a charge of conscience and life and is practiced in life by students. Effective learning will also train and instill democratic attitudes for students. More than that effective learning emphasizes how to make students able to learn by learning on their own.
Through teacher creativity, learning in the classroom becomes a fun activity. Embodiment of effective learning and giving life skills to students.
Effective learning strategies are general patterns of student teacher activities in the realization of learning activities to achieve competence as predetermined learning goals, marked by changes that bring influence, meaning and benefits in learning activities.
There are four basic strategies in teaching and learning which include the following:
1. Identify and set specifications and qualifications for the behavior and personality changes of students as expected.
2. Choosing a teaching and learning approach system based on people’s aspirations and outlook on life.
3. Choosing and determining the teaching procedures, methods, and techniques which are considered the most appropriate and effective so that they can be used as a guide by the teacher in carrying out their teaching activities.
4. Establishing norms and minimum limits of success or criteria and standards of success so that it can be used as a guide by teachers in evaluating the results of teaching and learning activities which will then be used as feedback for improvement of the relevant instructional system as a whole.
B. Effective ways of learning
An effective way of learning can help students improve the abilities expected in accordance with the instructional goals to be achieved. To improve the effective way of learning need to be considered several things, namely:
1. Need for guidance Learning outcomes are influenced by several factors, such as learning skills and dexterity in each individual. However, there are general guidelines for effective ways of learning, that is, giving instructions as they study and supervising, guiding while learning.
2. Conditions for learning strategies a. Internal conditions are conditions that exist in students themselves, for example health, safety, tranquility, and so on. b. External conditions are conditions that are outside the human person, for example house cleanliness, lighting and other physical environmental conditions. To be able to study effectively required a good and organized physical environment, for example the study room must be clean, there are no odors that can interfere with the concentration of learning, the room is quiet enough, not dark and does not disturb the eyes, the facilities needed in sufficient learning or complete.
3. Learning methods The method is a way or path that must be traversed to achieve a certain goal, so it requires the right method for learning. The method used will become a habit, and the habit will affect learning itself. Like making a schedule, making notes, repeating lesson material.